torsdag 4 mars 2010

Baptism and Istanbul in pics!

Today Ani, 21, got baptised after many years of waiting. "Why did you wait so long? I asked her. I don't really know, she said. But now I really want to!".

When we got out of the water, she exclaimed: "I feel so light! It feels like a stone is taken off my chest! I feel like I want to live!".


ISTANBUL!

The soooo longed-for Turkish FOOD!

"Take this, then you will remember Sultanahmed!" an old salesman gave Monika an extra present when he saw that we were about to enter the blue Mosque.
Janco: "Some day I will preach here!" in the yard of the Blue Mosque.

The praying area is divided from the tourist area. "Visitors are asked to not cross this fence".

Monika + the Blue Mosque by night

An arabic-looking woman looked hashly at Emelie and pointed at her to put her scarf as a veil.


On the ferryboat to the Asian side!

ha
I have now been in Asia!!
Jihad??


1 kommentar:

  1. Maria!

    Halsa hela teamet fran mig... Tror nasta bas maste bli Mellanostern... Tack for att ni ar i porten; Isanbul och ber! Alskar er!

    Johannes med familj i USA

    SvaraRadera